Monthly Archives: June 2012
After meeting the titular head of British Imperialism Inc and giving her his best smile, McGuinness told reporters “It went really well” and claimed “I’m still a republican”. He’s still a republican in the same way that Gerry Adams was “never a member of the IRA”, no doubt.
(The sharp-eyed might notice that I’ve now added a new category to the blog – toadyism.)
Excluding hits on the Home Page and About/Blog News categories, below are the top 20 pieces on the blog at present:
- Politics and the rise of historical revisionism
- Saor Eire – Marxist and republican
- Women’s rights and the national struggle, 1916-1922
- Remembering Máirín Keegan, 1932-1972
- Interview with veteran socialist-republican Gerry Ruddy
- The burning of the British embassy – 40 years on
- The Easter Rising and the ‘blood sacrifice’
- A history of the Provisional Republican Movement – part one of three
- Remembering Peter Graham, 1945-1971
- A history of the Provos – part three
- Smashing H Block and republicanism today: an interview with F. Stuart Ross
- Organising against the household and water taxes (and the septic tank tax too) – Newbridge
- Chapter 4: The Home Rule Crisis
- Recession and an Irish town
- What’s behind the attack on Newbridge Credit Union?
- Republicanism in the twenty-first century – report on a meeting
- The changing nature of six-county society
- A History of the Provos – part two of three
- Hundreds attend Newbridge anti-home taxes protest
- A view of the éirígí ard fheis
Ireland Institute Public Meeting:
(Historian, author of The IRA, 1926-1936; The IRA – a Documentary History; and, co-author, The Lost Revolution)
(Historian, author of The IRA 1956-69: Rethinking the Republic)
7.30pm, Tuesday, 26 June 2012
IONAD AN PHIARSAIGH/PEARSE CENTRE
27 PEARSE STREET
Ireland Institute, 27 Pearse Street, Dublin 2 / Institiúid na hÉireann, 27 Sráid an Phiarsaigh, BÁC 2.
Ph: (01) 6704606; email/ríomhphost: email@example.com; http://www.theirelandinstitute.com
Following a series of meetings both inside and outside Palestine, the central committee of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine released a statement on May 16 on regional and international developments; it can be read over on the Redline site, here.