Speakers will include:
- Dr. Lisa McKenzie: Department of Sociology, London School of Economics: Exploring some of the issues raised in her recent book ‘Getting By: Estates, Class and Culture in Austerity Britain’ (Policy Press 2015).
- Dr. Donal Ó Drisceoil: School of History, University College Cork: Addressing questions on labour and class history, in Ireland.
- Chris Burgess: Curator of Collections and Exhibitions, People’s History Museum Manchester: Discussing the challenges surrounding the preservation of working class history.
- Dr. Sean O’Connell: School of History and Anthropology, Queen’s University Belfast: Professor of Modern British Social History: Presenting research on oral history and its nuances.
- Mike Morris, Co-Director of Merseyside Writing on the Wall, a community-based organisation which celebrates writing in all its forms: ‘George Garrett: Seaman, Syndicalist and Scribe’.
- Professor Phil Scraton: School of Law, Queen’s University Belfast
- Ciara Hickey: Curator and Gallery Manager, Belfast Exposed. Speaking about the work of Belfast Exposed and showing a film currently on display there.
More information can also be found here: http://www.qub.ac.uk/schools/SchoolofPoliticsInternationalStudiesandPhilosophy/News/Title,499867,en.html